Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally!!

For Emily's 4th birthday we got her a bike, and for the past two years we have been trying to get her to ride it. We finally hung it up out of the way because it wasn't being used.

On Wednesday she went over to a friend's house and when she came home she said that her friend had taught her to ride a bike with no training wheels. She begged to have her bike pulled down and the training wheels removed. Then she rode away on it. I was amazed! It looked so easy for her. I guess things are just better when they come from a friend instead of parents.


5 comments:

grandma blair said...

That is amazing. how fun for her

Graydon Blair said...

We spent literally HOURS last summer trying to teach her how to ride it too.

Of course, I remember a friends mom was the one that taught me though, so I guess that's how it goes...

Brandy said...

That is hilarious! Kids are so funny. I think you are right. Positive peer pressure can work wonders sometimes!

Cindy said...

That is funny :) Way to go Emily!

red said...

I love her fuzzy black coat! Congratulations Emily!