Sunday, August 30, 2009

Are outings worth it?



Emily had only one week left off track so I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the Treehouse Museum. We spent about three hours there. That was a tough three hours!

Upon arriving Josh and Emily immediately ran to play while I paid admission. Josh went straight for the train tables. There were some new exhibits and fun things to try, Emily and Laurie really had fun doing everything. Josh would not leave the train tables. If I tried to force him he would scream. I decided that I would go around the museum with the girls and check on him every now and then. To my surprise he did leave the tables…but he left because he had peed his pants. I didn’t have anything else for him to wear and out of desperation I put one of Laurie’s diapers on him and left him in the bathroom while I tried to get help. The workers were very helpful and found me some overalls from the farm exhibit that he could wear while they put his pants in a dryer they had. He again went back to the tables after about 15 minutes in the bathroom. I kept an eye on him, and found out that he was having trouble sharing the trains. I took him screaming from the area and ended up having to put him in time out. I couldn’t believe that I paid money so that he could play with trains for three hours.

Emily and Laurie had a great time. Laurie loved the chalk and slates in the little school room. Emily loved the Art Garden, where we made sea serpents out of clay, and the western exhibit where she could sit on a horse and dress up like a cowgirl.

3 comments:

grandma blair said...

That looks like a really fun place to go. Guess Josh just likes trains. Looks like Emily and Laurie had lots of fun.

Cindy said...

Sorry you guys had a rough day. My kids love that museum too. I remember when it used to be Emily in love with trains :)

red said...

They probably won't remember the yukky parts of it so I say yep it's worth it. I don't know how you guys can stay there for three hours though. After about an hour and a half I'm ALL done!!!