Monday, February 22, 2010

I just might put her back in the crib

Laurie was seriously not happy at all today. She would follow me around the house screaming and crying for me to pick her up. My back was very sore, plus I didn't have time to hold her all day. She had room time about 10 times today. I tried leaving her in there long enough to fall asleep for a badly needed nap, but I found this instead.



Accomplice caught on camera





Afterward I tried a nap again and found that she had spread hydrocortizone cream on the crib. I am really rethinking the crib.

6 comments:

Anna said...

my vote is for the crib. :) I had baby powder all over lincoln's room once at that age. it took months until he stopped getting into things and actually napped when i put him in. Or I'd have to rock him and rock him and rock him before i'd lay him down. way too much work. :)

Cindy said...

If she can't get out of the crib, I vote for it too for now. 2 year olds can do some serious damage to the cleanliness of a room. At 2 1/2 Mayzie mostly just gets all her books and building blocks out now, and is usually pretty good about cleaning them back up. Good luck!

VJBlair said...

I'm going to try taking most of her toys out of the room and see what happens.

Kierst said...

When London first got a big girl bed, I took everything out of her room besides the bed and and dresser. It seemed to work well. She didn't have anything to play with. We actually got a day bed so she could get used to the big bed, but we turned it around against the wall so she couldn't get out. Once she fell out, so I turned it around and she was pretty good about staying in it (probably because the toys were gone).

grandma blair said...

good luck, hope all goes well.

Stacy said...

We put the kids in toddler beds pretty early and I think the only way that it worked was that we keep all the toys in a seperate room and there was nothing too exciting to get into. Good luck. I do not envy you trying to get all of that baby powder and cream cleaned up. What a mess! I hope your back gets feeling better too. It never helps to be under the weather when dealing with difficult situations with the kids.