Monday, July 5, 2010

Mamma Mia!



So I finally saw the movie Mamma Mia! last night. I really like ABBA and with this cast I had always had a curiosity about it. It was so different that I laughed through most of the movie. Graydon watched it with me, but felt it was one of the worst movies he had ever seen.

It was weird for me to see Colin Firth in this role since the main movie I know him from is Pride and Prejudice. I didn't know he or Pierce Brosnan could sing. That really surprised me.

I found myself wanting to watch it again today and it is really growing on me. I haven't listened to ABBA for over 12 years and now I am looking up their songs on youtube. I do have to be careful because the content is not appropriate for kids...especially my kids that pick up on everything and will start asking questions.

I really enjoyed it.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I had mixed feelings when I saw this movie. It was a little too racey and a little too cheesy for me, but boy those Abba songs can get stuck in your head. I didn't let my girls see the show, but they love the music to it.
And BTW, a big Congrats! on your baby news! :)

grandma blair said...

I really like it too. Max will even watch it with me. It is one of the only musical's he will watch.

cmjeppsen said...

It's one of my favorites! We really like the music!

Anna said...

Congrats!!!!! :) So exciting!

Brittany said...

I really like this movie. I thought Meryl Steep was really good in it. I just didn't like how it ended, with the girl not getting married.

VJBlair said...

Brittany, I am totally with you. As I watched it I sat there thinking that it didn't make any sense not to marry because they were already there.

Anna and Cindy, thanks for the wishes we are excited.

Le said...

Congrats!!!
Someone has the soundtrack on their ipod that we listen to at work. Those songs can really get stuck in your head.

red said...

I really liked it. I'm surprised Graydon didn't. Pearce Brosnan is a terrible singer but I liked how the movie was a musical and still pretty hilarious. p.s. Grandma Heaton doesn't know yet. I didn't tell her either.