Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wall Street Journal article with my business featured as part of the story

My business, Utah Biodiesel Supply, was recently featured in an article by the Wall Street Journal.

Over my time involved with running this business I've been interviewed by several media outlets including KSL News Radio, KTVX Channel 4, KTALK Radio, NPR (yes, THAT NPR), CBC (same as NPR in Canada), The Salt Lake Tribune (twice, once even on the front page), The Standard Examiner (twice, also once on the front page), the Deseret News (we won't talk about that one), and several magazines and even some folks that run blogs, but out of all of them, the one I'm the proudest of is this recent article by the Wall Street Journal.

As some of you know, I have a business degree and while Biodiesel is great & all, I'm still a business major at heart & love all things that revolve around business. The Wall Street Journal is the tip of the ice-burg for a business to be featured in (if it's in a positive light anyway). It is one of the most respected business newspapers in the country and probably has a wider readership than just about any of them out there.

Let's put it this way. The Wall Street Journal makes The Salt Lake Tribune look like a drop of water in a Wall Street Journal ocean. Yep. It's that big & that prestigious.

I could be featured in USA Today and it wouldn't mean as much to me as being featured in The Wall Street Journal. It's that cool to me!

The article was about how to run a successful business online on the cheap and I was one of the featured businesses they talked about because of how I utilize PayPal for my online store.

Anyway, probably doesn't mean much except to maybe Collin & maybe David, but man, it was a huge feather in my cap. In the business world it's an honor just to have your name in the same sentence as The Wall Street Journal so it was a big deal.

So, if you want to see something that's a big deal to this guy in Utah, here's the link to the article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121803326363016929.html

Enjoy!
-Graydon

10 comments:

Anna said...

thats really cool graydon. i like to read the wall street journal.

grandma blair said...

That is awesome Graydon, my boy is getting famous.

Cindy said...

Congratulations Graydon!

Kristin said...

Congratulations Graydon That's amazing!

We used to subscribe to the WSJ when we were in college and could get a student rate... but couldn't afford it when we got real jobs. I'm sure there's some irony there somewhere.

Graydon Blair said...

Thanks all....I'm really excited about this one. It's kind of a payback for all the hard work it's taken to put the business together.

I was really excited about it when I found out it went to print.

Now if I could convince the Deseret "Stinkin" News to be so kind I'd be set....

But I'm loving this one right now!
-Graydon

Dave said...

Very Cool!.. what day was it in print? Were you able to get a copy?

Dave said...

OK, I have a hard copy of the paper for that day if you don't already have it..

Michelle said...

that is awesome Graydon!! congratulations.

Daniel said...

I care! I'm trying to get my thieving neighbor to give me back my hard copy for that day.

Graydon Blair said...

I'd LOVE to get a hard copy!
The reporter was going to mail me one but I guess it went to print before I even knew.

Only way I even found out it had been published was by looking at my web stats on my site & seeing people being referred by The Wall Street Journal & thought, "Hmm...that's weird...Oh wait a minute, I bet that article finally got published!"

And, sure enough, that's what it was from! (Web stats are so cool!)

-Graydon