Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Kids Are Spoiled....or "Man This Pool Is Warm!"

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.....


Hmm.....a garden hose hooked up to the hot water


The hose goes out the door....wonder where that's going?


Up the stairs.....hmmm....


Oh! So THATS where the hot water went!

Yep. Val spoils the kids when it comes to playing in the pool. Instead of those ice cold freezing kiddie pools everyone is used to playing in our kids get a nice, warm bath style pool experience. All the neighborkids like it too!

I remember when I was a kid doing something similar to this, but it was with garbage cans....follow me on this one (My brothers probably remember this too).

When we were kids the garbage truck didn't come around & lift your city provided garbage can sky high & dump it automatically into its belly....nooo.....you had to buy your OWN garbage cans & a bunch of guys would pick it up & empty it into the garbage truck.

This meant that everyone had different style garbage cans. Well, my folks having a ton of kids, bought this really big set of big brown garbage cans. In fact, I think there's still one of them over at the house in Kaysville....but I could be wrong.

Anyway, the garbage cans just happened to be plastic and...guess what? They'd hold water! So, one day we had this brilliant idea of making our own personal swimming pools & being the creative kids we were (much to mom's sha-grin I'm sure), we found a garden hose, cleaned out the garbage cans, hooked the hose up to the hot water, and then filled the garbage can with water & Whoala! We had our own personal swimming pool!

If I remember right we even went so far as to put them in front of the deck & jump off the deck into them & make a killer splash! Yep! It was lots of fun!

But, at our house now, the kids get to have their own personal, nice, warm sauna-like swimming pool compliments of mom and the kids love it!

-Graydon

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Have to admit to "warming up the kiddie pool" myself. But mainly just for Mayzie, since she has her own baby pool.

Max said...

I think the garbage cans were new when you did that. I am glad I don't remember a lot of what went on when you were little. I do remember hooking up the water hose to the hot water though, so you could have a nice warm pool. Do you remember the
nice swimming pool that we bought, the one where David Jumped out of the bedroom window into it and broke all of the sides right off. So if you wondered why we didn't have very many nice things, it is probably because we did get a few but hey were broken so fast that we didn't bother to buy anymore.

Dave said...

I don't remember jumping out of the window into the pool. But, I do remember throwing a baseball off the deck into the pool at the back of the yard..but, it missed.. and hit the side of the pool. I still remember very clearly watching the sides of the pool burst off the pool and all at once the water was gone, and I was in trouble..
On the Garbage cans.. I know that they weren't new.. just newly "washed" We would get the soap from the sink inside and "Wash" them out.. then get in..