Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apple Computers Rock!

This post is dedicated to Collin....

Today we had a new Michael Buble CD that Val brought home.
We've been listening to it & loving it & figured we'd burn it into MP3's so we could put it on our server drive.

Easy right? Well, not if you've got a PC....

I took it downstairs to the family PC in the family room, popped into the CD ROM and...NOTHING!! It didn't recognize it no matter how hard I tried!

So, I popped in another CD & sure enough, it wouldn't recognize it either...

I figured, "Ha! I've got an Apple! Let's see if it'll work!"

So, I pulled out the new Mac Book & fired it up. Popped in the CD and guess what?
It recognized it, started playing it & even asked me if I wanted to import it!
How cool is that!

So, of course I picked YES and it started importing the CD.
It uses iTunes which you can also use on a PC too, but the part I was so impressed with was the fact that the Mac not only recognized it, but it immediately asked me if I'd like to import the CD.

And, you can tell iTunes to import it a million different ways (ie. MP3, Apple format, and a whole host of others).

So, while I started listening to the CD on the Mac, it was importing the CD.

And, the Mac actually has pretty darn good speakers for a laptop too! Not bad!

Anyway, I just was really impressed with the Mac & had to share my "Mac Moment".
I'm sure Collin will appreciate it....

The more I use the thing the more I get used to it. It's a little different than using a PC (Where the heck is my End key? & why do I have to press Command instead of Control to make some of the shortcuts work?) but beyond that, the thing is pretty darn cool!

So, that's it for the Mac moment.

2 comments:

Collin Shaw said...

I've had many of those mac moments. The other day I needed a picture of my screen from google, but google doesn't let you copy pictures from their streetview for some reason. So I pressed command+shift+4, and bam little crosshairs came up and I captured the image right of my screen. Macs are so great.

Graydon Blair said...

Sweet! I'll have to remember that one...
-Graydon