Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun at the Zoo!



Saturday the kids and I met Janay and Michael at the zoo. Laurie had decided to wake up at 6 that morning and was severely in need of a nap by the time we got to the zoo.

After a ride on the train we saw the white alligator and then decided to see the bird show. Sitting for a half hour was too much for the kids. The show was very enjoyable, but the kids were ready to be off seeing other things. Laurie would not be quiet for anything, so I had to leave early. (I don't know what I would have done if I had been there by myself with the kids.)

We then decided to have lunch before visiting the animals. I was able to get Laurie to fall asleep in the stroller for about 45 minutes. We saw the bears licking huge popsicles, the penguins swimming around, the giraffes and the leopard was pacing in front of the view window. We lost Josh at the leopard, which made me a little panicky, before going for a ride on the carousel. The kids loved it! On the Carousel Emily rode a giraffe, Josh rode an elephant, Laurie rode a lion, Michael rode the tiger, and I think Janay was sitting on a bird.

Before leaving we ran into David, Cindy and kids, who were there for a company party. They led us to some very welcome ice cream.

I don't know about Janay, but I was very tired when we got home. I think we all had a great time and the kids are still talking about it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So many super cute pictures. Is the leopard new? I don't remember a leopard. Laurie looked really cute on the carousel. And I thought it was funny "Janay was sitting on a bird" I know what you meant but it sounds like she literally sat on a bird :) Hee hee. Sounds like a super busy fun day. :)

Cindy said...

Lots of cute pictures. We unfortunately forgot to bring the camera this time. Only cell phone pictures. Our kids loved seeing the big gorilla up close and the huge tiger walked right above us. Mayzie loved making monkey noises at every animal. :)
It was fun to run into you guys though! Glad you had a fun day too!

grandma blair said...

Glad you were able to have Janay go with you. Sounds like a fun day.