Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall is here....time to insulate!

Last weekend we woke up to lots & lots of Snow.



Nearly 8 inches of the fluffy white stuff!

Which prompted me to go out & buy insulation.....no, not for the house, but for my Storage Shed out back.



So why on earth would I want to insulate a storage shed?

Well, it just happens to be where I ship all of my products out of and the shed my employee works in when he's here.

It can get pretty cold in the shed in the winter, even with a Kerosene heater going full-blast.

My dad had said that insulating it would be ideal as it's already made with 2 x 4 walls so it's be a no brainer....except....

Except for the fact that I have all the walls lined with shelves and all of the shelves have products on them.

So, what's a guy to do?

Take all the crap off the shelves, that's what!





So, last Wed, my employee & I pulled everything off of all the shelves one wall at a time & insulated every wall in the shed.

To make things easier we stacked the product as close to where the shelves were so that loading them back up would be easier.

Check out how we stacked the stuff!



We took stuff off the East wall and stacked rows of it on the center shelf, then we'd lay down a shelf board and then stacked more product. We were able to stack almost a whole set of shelves on that one center stack.



It hasn't snowed again or gotten really cold again yet so we don't know how well it'll work, but it "feels" different in the shed now and it's quieter (the insulation acts as a noise diffuser).

It also gave the shed a much needed overhaul. Kind of like when you clean out your garage, I found stuff I didn't even know I had!

I also found a bunch of garbage too (I could've filled a whole garbage can w/ all the stuff I threw out).

But, it's insulated now so we're ready for whatever mother nature can throw our way this winter! I also got really good with a staple gun too!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow I can't believe how much snow you guys got!