Monday, October 6, 2008

OW!!





When I was in college we visited the Corian Company...you know, the place that make the corian counter tops...as a class. When we left we each received a Corian cutting board. I have never used mine as a cutting board...I haven't really used it at all. For some reason I pulled it out yesterday and didn't put it away. (I am not good at putting anything away... it drives Graydon crazy)


Anyway, I left it standing on its side next to the couch and this morning I kicked it with my baby toe. It hurt sooooo bad! Before long it was swelling and I couldn't walk. I asked Graydon if he thought it was broken...no, but he suggested I tape it. Taping helped, but it still hurts. Josh laughed at me several times because he thought that I walked funny. This was bad timing because we had a wedding to go to tonight and I couldn't wear any shoes except flip-flops. That limits my dress options.
I just had to share my experience of the day. Lesson learned...Put things away. :)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry you had to learn the hard way with a sore toe! Hope it feels better today.

VJBlair said...

Actually I took the tape off this morning and it is still swollen and Purple so it will be a while before it is better.

grandma blair said...

I am so sorry, I don't think there is anything that hurts worse than a hurt toe, becuase you can't not walk on it. Hope you are feeling better.

Max said...

Lucky it was the board and not the knife.
If Graydon gives you a bad time, tell him "At least it wasn't a rake!".
I still have to laugh about that one!

Stephanie said...

Ah ahahahahaha ahah aha aha hhhaaa!!! LOL!!! I'm sorry, that sounds like it really hurt but I can't help but laugh!!!! I am vividly reminded of some very serious (I'm laughing right out loud here) toe surgery that went on oh, about 9 years ago in 2-bedroom apartment in Bountiful??? With the picture you posted and everything, *sigh*, it brought back memories. Looks like you better operate!