Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference online is awesome!

I've been studying up on online video the past few weeks in preparation for doing some online video for my business.

Today is general conference and I was watching it online and was amazed at the clarity of the video quality (it makes YouTube look like trash).

Then I did something that blew my mind. I pressed the "Full-Image" button on the video. Now, if you've watched YouTube or other online video and done this you see a very pixelated video that looks really blotchy.

I have a 24" flat panel monitor (cinema 16:9 style) so when I resize the videos to full screen they can really look bad.

So, I figured, "huh, let's see how good conference looks". I hit the button and it resized to the full screen and to my surprise the video quality was absolutely stunning!

Pure HDTV! I was utterly amazed.

The image quality was perfect!
Here's the link to it:
Link To The Conference Video

If you look in the shaded areas on the video you can catch just a hint of pixelation and digitizing, but the overall picture quality is just utterly breathtaking.

It makes the picture we see on our TV look really, really old & outdated.

Man, digital video has REALLY come a long way and the church seems to be keeping right with it.

-Graydon

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We updated our tv's to digital now and the picture is so much clearer. It's great.