Monday, January 12, 2009

MacLove!

Ok, so I admit it, I've become someone of a Mac nut!

These things are just soo dang cool!

Here's some of the cool stuff that I've done with it lately (besides typing this post with it too).


Christmas 2009

My sister, Michelle, now lives in SC and wasn't able to come home for Christmas.

It just so happens that her husband, Collin, also shares the "Mac Love" and has a MacBook.

So, because they work so well together, we just fired up a video chat & Michelle was able to be a part of the whole Blair Family Christmas Party at my folks.

HD Videos
A few months back I bought a Video Camera for my business.

The first thing I tried to do was import HD footage onto my PC, which is a really nice, top of the line Dell XPS w/ lots of RAM (it even glows!..seriously!) and, the darn thing kept crashing. Adobe Premier Elements just didn't like it...argh!

So, out came the Mac, popped in the Firewire cable, and iMovie picked it up on the first try and it's been Movie Lovin' ever since!

I can whip out a video so dang quick with iMovie! I love the thing!
Granted, they're promotional videos, but hey, that's what I got it for!
http://www.youtube.com/user/UtahBiodiesel

And, it's now become my "computer of choice" for browsing the web "after hours" from the business. Because the Mac hardly weighs anything, it's a breeze to haul around the house & "veg" on the net with. And, at night, I can sit on my bed & type on the thing without it digging into me or being overly weighty.

It Just Works!
One of the things I really like about it is that it just works....all the time!

When you shut the lid down, it goes right into "sleep mode". When you lift the lid up, it comes right out of sleep mode. It doesn't make you reboot the thing just to get it out of Hibernate or Stand By like my Dell does and it brings stuff up right where you left off....and it doesn't hang like it's been sleeping or something, it just works....and I love it!

So, if your up for a new laptop, you gotta give this thing a try.
Stop by a mac store & just play with one. They're a ton of fun!

And VM Ware w/ Windows works great! I can still fire up Windows for the stuff the Mac can't do and it's not a problem at all.

Anyway, if you haven't tried a Mac yet, give it a try....

-Graydon
Still lovin' his Mac!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We loved being able to be there on Christmas. Thanks