Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Kind of Camera Do You Have?

I picked up a new Nikon D40 in November and I really don't like it.
It won't focus very well, the pictures have been really grainy, and it's not at all as good as my old Olympus C-5050 was....

The Nikon will be going up for sale soon.
I'm extremely UNIMPRESSED!

Here's why....

Now look at the bottles...see how softened they came out?
I tried 5000K CFL's, changed white balance, and a whole host of things.
I can't get that darn camera to shoot a sharp picture!

So....since you all seem to be posting such nice looking pictures, I figured I'd see what kind of camera you all have. And, if you want, tell me what you like or don't like about it.

I've been looking at:
1) Canon Rebel XSI DSLR
2) Canon SX10 IS
or some other Canon product
Leaning pretty heavily toward the SX10 IS because you can tether it to a computer on a tripod & control it (perfect for product photography for my business).

Soon to be saying goodbye to the Nikon!
-Graydon

5 comments:

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Talk to Justin when you see him. He has the Canon Xti, the one right under the Xsi. But he might be able to help you problem solve a few things with your current camera. He mentioned there may be a couple things you can try.

Graydon Blair said...

Sounds good.
Both Val & I have had problems with it getting it to focus right (or quickly too) & the pictures it's producing are really bad.

So far, based on some reviews I've seen it's somewhat of a common problem & the Canon's trounce the Nikons pretty much across the board.

Kierst said...

I have a Canon SD1000. It's just a small point and shoot, probably not what you're looking for, but I love it. It's the 2nd Canon I have had and if I'm looking for a good picture, I think I would definitely go for one again.

kristenhcubed said...

Can't help you with cameras, mine stinks and I want to get a new one. But I just had to tell you that I think it is great that you post to your family blog. I've been trying to get my husband to join in but he only likes reading ours. Good luck with the camera.

Kristin said...

I have a Canon Xsi and I love it. One of my fav features is the wireless remote. Good luck!