Friday, January 9, 2009

What we've been up to lately

I haven't posted for a while, tag excluded. I have been working on several different things and haven't had the time or desire to blog. I have been working on two different books; a photo book for the year 2008 on winkflash.com, and now that they are having a sale I can order it, and a book about my mom. This one has been the most fun. It's almost done and when it is I would like to make it available to my family to print.

My third project will surprise anyone who really knows me. I have been trying to develope a habitual routine that will help me get more organized and keep my house clean. This has never been a strong point with me, but my sister told me about the Fly Lady and she has helped me to keep my house clean for almost two weeks now. The key to my success has been her 31 baby steps. She slowly works you into a routine over a month's time and gets you doing all the little things that are required to keep you organized and happy. I have only been doing it for a week and a half, but we are already seeing a difference. Graydon is delighted!! I'll keep you posted about my progress. You will never believe what her main instruction is...Shine your sink. She teaches you how to get your kitchen sink sparkling clean and then tells you to shine it every night before going to bed. I am now to the point where I can't go to sleep if my sink isn't shining.

Well, that is what I have been doing. Emily is anxious to get back to school, but that won't happen until th 20th. Josh is having trouble sleeping and burned his hand on the stove on Wednesday and Laurie is showing more signs of milk intolerance and cut two more teeth. Needless to say we have had some very whiney days...so here are a few pictures of the kids having fun on sunday night.

4 comments:

Momma K said...

Ooh, congrats Val. I've been working on my FlyLady baby steps too! It takes a lot of retraining, but it's worth it!

Cindy said...

Laurie looks so grown up in her pig-tails. Good luck on house-keeping.

Anna said...

I've heard of the flylady before. I'll have to look into it. and I did get your msg finally (I didn't know I had a voicemail, sorry) Monday looks good for me. I'll call.

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

I love the FlyLady too! My mom has been flying for a few years and it's improved a lot of things for her. I have fallen off the wagon a few times, but I love the program! Good luck to you. I'll be here for support!

P.S. Good job today. I got lots of compliments on our "blend". :)