Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Amazed!


I have to tell you about an amazing change in Emily, which I hope will last. Recently she has determined that she doesn't like to have a messy room. She cleans it up in the morning before school and just tonight she was cleaning it up in the dark after being put to bed.

This is an amazing change. Before we had to fight her to pick up anything and now she does it willingly, of her own accord. I love her so much. I think it may have been sparked by a book that we read one night about a girl who was talking about how neat and clean she was, but that her sister was the messiest ever. Emily has said that she is like the clean older sister.

I am going to enjoy this time while it lasts.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

How sweet! She looks beautiful and so grown up in her picture. I would definitely reward her for that one!

Michelle said...

Good Luck!! I hope it lasts too. She is getting so big.

Le said...

What book was that? We could use it around our house.

VJBlair said...

Oh! I just took the book back to the library and I can't remember the title.