Friday, March 13, 2009

Zoo Trip



On Wednesday Emily went with the Kindergarten on a field trip to the zoo. Josh has really wanted to go ever since and has been bugging me about it. I have just come down with a head cold and didn't really feel like going, so I kept telling him we would go later.

But when Graydon had business in Salt Lake for the evening and Laurie woke up from her nap early, I figured...why not? We were ready to go in 20 minutes. Why not have an outing with the kids instead of sitting at home all night?

We arrived at about 3:30 pm. I had never been to the zoo at this time of day or this time of year. It was Great! There was hardly anyone there and it was the perfect weather. It was the most relaxing zoo trips I'd had. It also helped that I left the double stroller at home and made the older kids walk. Not many animals were out; for instance, the elephants and rhinos were inside due to the cold, but it was still fun.

We ended the day with a visit to McDonald's for dinner and play.

I am so glad we did this.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun. We went to the zoo here when it was "cold" and it was so relaxing not bumping into people everywhere or waiting to try to see animals. Looks like fun.

Anna said...

I love going to places when they are not crowded. Looks like a lot of fun

grandma blair said...

Looks like you all had a fun time. I don't remember seeing a waterfall at the zoo. Fun times.