Monday, March 16, 2009

Pandora.com is amazing!

I've never been much into "online music", and I just don't get the whole "paying $0.99" to listen to songs on iTunes, but Pandora is different and I love it!

They built this thing called the Music Genome Project. Basically, took songs with similar melody's, mood, and feel to them and lumped them together into channels.

Kind of, "If you like this style of music, you'll probably like this one too" thing....and it works! It really, really works!

Pandora is absolutely amazing! My favorite channel is the James Taylor channel and the other music it suggests is spot on.

Give it a try but you've been warned, you just might get hooked.

Good stuff, that Pandora!
Here's the link

3 comments:

Kierst said...

Okay, yes, Pandora is cool. I agree. But you don't pay $.99 to just listen to songs on iTunes. You actually own it. Much different.

Graydon Blair said...

Well, yes, true...but they don't let you "preview" the whole song unless you pay them the $0.99; which I find annoying. I'd like to be able to preview it before I commit to spending my buck.

My other beef with iTunes & their $0.99/song is that once you download it, you can ONLY play it in an iTunes/iPod unit. I don't believe they'll let you convert it out to say MP3.

Cindy said...

Thanks for the reminder! Dave showed me that cool site last year I think. I'll have to see how good they are at picking song choices for me.